Creating a Local APT repository
I have long been wanting to make a local directory, which contains all my
Debian packages, as a repository to be added in,
Finally, I did it.
This is what I did,
- Install the package
dpkg-dev. It is available on the installation disk.
- Download necessary packages along with the dependencies to a directory on
your local fileystsem. You may organize the packages into sub directories.
- Let us call the directory into which the files have been copied, DEBS_DIR.
- From konsole or any other terminal of your choice, issue following commands.
pkg-scanpackages . /dev/null >Packages
- Open /etc/apt/source.list in your favorite editor and add the line,
deb file:$DEBS_DIR ./
- Your new repository is ready.
All opinions are my own. Copyright 2005 Chandra Sekar S.